Active Time: N/ATotal Time10 MIN
Yield: Serves : Makes 1 cocktail
Use a crisp Mexican lager like Good People Beerito for this twist on the classic Paloma cocktail from Rick Martinez. Try Tajín Clásico Seasoning for the chili-lime salt.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, peel removed in wide strips
- 1/4 habanero chile, stemmed (seeds left in)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh Ruby Red grapefruit juice (from 1 grapefruit)
- 3 ounces Mexican-style lager beer (such as Muchacho)
- Ruby Red grapefruit wedge, for serving
- Chile-lime seasoning salt (such as Tajín), for serving
How to Make It
Combine sugar and grapefruit strips in a wide-mouth pint jar. Muddle until mixture is sandy, about 1 minute. Add habanero; muddle until crushed and incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add water. Secure lid on jar, and shake until sugar is dissolved, about 40 seconds. Pour through wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids.
To make shandy, pour grapefruit juice and 1 tablespoon syrup into an ice-filled Collins glass; stir to combine. Stir in beer. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge sprinkled with chile-lime seasoning salt.
Source: Read Full Article