"Soaking cake in a combo of cream, evaporated milk, and Baileys Red Velvet Liqueur infuses this dessert with rich flavor–and gives it a gorgeous pink hue."
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking dish; line the bottom with a parchment paper square.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the sugar and eggs until very light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Add half of the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed just to blend. Beat in the milk, then the remaining dry ingredients, just until blended. Transfer to the cake pan; smooth the top.
- Bake until the top springs back when pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 1/4 cups Baileys, 1 cup cream, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Using a skewer, poke lots of holes all over the cake, all the way to the bottom. Pour half of the Baileys mixture over the cake and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour the remaining Baileys mixture over and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Place a plate on top of the pan; carefully invert the cake onto the plate; remove the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the remaining 1/4 cup Baileys Red Velvet. Beat in the remaining 1 cup cream until firm peaks form. Spoon on top of the cake. Top with strawberries.
Per Serving: calories; fat; carbohydrates; protein; cholesterol; sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article