"This cake is good to make a day ahead, and is very popular at pot-lucks."
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup butter and water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Pour batter into a greased 10×15-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and tests done.Cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Stir in pecans. Spread frosting over warm cake.
- Cook’s Note:
- Substitute margarine for butter if desired.
Per Serving: 344 calories;16.7 g fat;48.1 g carbohydrates;2.4 g protein;48 mg cholesterol;193 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article