"I got this recipe at a church potluck. All the flavors blend really well. I’ve made it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So far every time I’ve served it, I haven’t had any leftovers. Enjoy!"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with biscuits.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Scatter sausage over biscuit layer and top with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and pour over cheese layer.
- Mix water and gravy mix together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until gravy is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes, adding more water for a thinner gravy. Pour gravy over egg layer. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg is fluffy and cheese is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- For a little extra spice, add Tony Chachere’s® Original Creole Seasoning to the egg mixture and/or the sausage while browning it.
- Pioneer® Brand Peppered Sausage Gravy Mix is a great option for gravy mix.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 688 calories;52.2 g fat;27.3 g carbohydrates;26.6 g protein;270 mg cholesterol;1645 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article