Active time: 45 min. Total time:2 hours
Yield: Makes 28 pops (serving size: 2 pops)
These easy cake pops make the perfect to-go dessert—up the cuteness factor by wrapping them up for your guests. The creamy, buttery, and sugary cake balls have the perfect frosting-to-cake ratio, making for a taste that everyone will love. Freezing these twice helps the stick stay in place, so don’t skip that step. Make sure your cake is cooled completely before stirring in the frosting to prevent any melting.
- 1(15.25-oz.) pkg. white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 oz.) powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) salted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28lollipop sticks
- 3(10-oz.) pkg. white, dark, or milk chocolate melting wafers (such as Ghirardelli)Candy sprinkles
- 4 ounces green vanilla-flavored candy coating disks (such as Wilton Candy Melts), melted
- 4 ounces red vanilla-flavored candy coating disks (such as Wilton Candy Melts), melted
How to Make It
Bake cake according to package directions. Remove cooled cake from pan, and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
Beat powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a medium bowl until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add butter mixture to cake crumbles, and stir until combined. Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, drop mixture into mounds onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roll mounds into balls, and freeze on baking sheet 30 minutes. Insert 1 lollipop stick into center of each ball; freeze 30 more minutes.
Place chocolate melting wafers in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH until chocolate is smooth and melted, about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Working in batches, dip balls into melted chocolate. Allow excess to drip off; place balls on clean parchment paper-lined baking sheets or insert into a foam round. Decorate immediately with sprinkles. Let cake pops dry, and pipe melted chocolate or candy coating on cake pops in decorative patterns. Store, uncovered, in refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 3 days.
Source: Read Full Article