Active time:15 min. Total time:1 hour, 15 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
If you think chicken salad can’t be improved, you need to give our Curried Chicken Salad a try. Every bite is filled with something delicious, sweet, and crunchy. There’s a lot of textural interest going on, and all kinds of flavor: Tanginess from the yogurt, sweetness from the apricot jam, complexity from the curry powder, and a zing from the ginger. Plus, it’s super simple (All you have to do is stir and sit!) and it makes the perfect lunch, whether it’s stuffed into a wrap, laid atop a bed of greens, or spread into a sandwich. Feel free to add any stir-ins you like, such as raisins, nuts, or fresh fruit. Feel free to roast your own chicken (2 breasts will also do the trick) instead of buying a rotisserie at the store.
- 3/4cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves or jam
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from 1 [1-in.] piece)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (from 1 whole rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup red raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (from 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- Salad greens or lettuce leaves
- Cracked black pepper, for garnish
How to Make It
Stir together yogurt, preserves, curry powder, Dijon, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add chicken, raisins, onion, and celery. Fold until well combined and evenly distributed.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Serve over salad greens or in lettuce cups, and garnish with cracked pepper.
Source: Read Full Article