Active time: 5 min. Total time:5 min.
Yield: Serves 6-8 as a side dish, or 3-4 as a main
While this salad is wonderful as a side dish, it also can be the base of a wonderful meal. Fregola shines best with a light coating of a flavorful oil, a good seasoning with salt and pepper, and fresh herbs, with your briny or acidic element bringing the balance, but truly, any basic vinaigrette you love will work fine.
- 3 cups fregola pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels, removed from about 1-1 1/2 cobs or frozen thawed corn kernels
- 1 cup raw sugar snap peas sliced on the bias about ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup quartered cerignola or other mild green olive
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 1/4cup cup fresh chopped herbs (I use a mix of parsley, chive and chervil, but anything you love will work)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Zest of one medium lemon
How to Make It
Toss every ingredient in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper, and some red pepper flakes if you want a little heat. If you feel the dish needs more acid punch, squeeze some of the lemon juice from your zested lemon in. If you are going to hold the dish for longer than one day before serving, leave out the herbs and add just before serving. It will hold in the fridge up to three days. Remove from fridge at least 45 minutes before serving, as it is best not super chilled so that the flavors can shine.
Source: Read Full Article