Active Time: 25 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken thigh, 1 1/2 cups salad)
Grilled, crispy-skinned chicken thighs paired with a vibrant corn and tomato salad—this is the epitome of summer flavor. When it’s at peak ripeness, raw corn is absolutely bursting with sweet, juiciness, making it a perfect match for acidic tomatoes, a bright lemon vinaigrette, and herbaceous fresh basil. So, be sure to use ripe, plump summer corn for this recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 4(6-oz.) bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 2 cups halved multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces (4 cups) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
How to Make It
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, skin side down, to pan; grill until skin is crispy and browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and grill until a thermometer registers 165°F, 6 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining 11/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, shallot, juice, mustard, and honey in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly. Add corn, tomatoes, spinach, scallions, and basil. Toss to coat. Serve salad with chicken.
Source: Read Full Article