Mars Bar and Rice Krispie Cakes.mp4
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Rice Krispies make the perfect treat for kids and grown-ups alike. They’re fluffy and soft, yet crispy and gooey and make an ideal dessert or afternoon snack – and the best part is they’re so easy to make at home you’ll be making batches for weeks to come. Express.co.uk has everything you need to make the perfect Rice Krispie treats.
How to make Rice Krispie treats
This recipe comes from NetMums, and calls for two essentials in making the treats. You will need a seven-inch cake tin, preferably non-stick if you can get your hands on one.
You will also need cake cups, you can mix it up with bright multi-coloured ones to add some colourful fun if making them with kids.
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 150g Rice Krispies
• 4 Tablespoons of golden syrup
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Vanilla essence (You can use almond flavouring if you have that instead)
To make the recipe, start by:
• Put syrup, sugar and butter/margarine into a pan
• Melt and bring to the boil for 1 minute (while continuously stirring)
• Remove from the heat, add either your vanilla or almond essence and the Rice Krispies
• Mix well and proceed to pour the mixture into a greased 7-inch square cake tin
• Mark them into squares
• Alternatively, you can divide the mixture between 12 cake cases in a bun or muffin tin
• Put in the fridge to set until completely cooled
This recipe should set you up for the perfect Rice Krispie treats.
The website advises: “If using a tin (rather than muffin cases) press in very firmly to make a nice, sturdy bar.
Why not try…
• Adding 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder to the mixture for chocolatey Rice Krispie cakes
• Swap the syrup for runny honey if desired
• Top with sprinkles or a drizzle of chocolate to add some colour and fun
Despite the fact they’re often thought of as being made with marshmallows, rice krispie treats can be made in any way you like.
If you prefer the thought of chocolate over marshmallows, you can make them extra chocolatey by adding some melted chocolate into the mix and letting them cool down in the fridge.
Another option is to add marshmallows, cranberries and salted popcorn alongside dark chocolate for a delicious rocky road style treat.
Source: Read Full Article