Photo by Joff Lee
These loaded flatbreads are surprisingly filling, but you can add griddled chicken or lamb, roasted vegetables or whatever takes your fancy.
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 250g (9oz) halloumi, cut into 12 fingers
- 4 large flatbreads or wraps
- 125g (4 1/2 oz) hummus
- 1 tbsp harissa
- Crunchy salad:
- 1/2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion, grated
- 4 medjool dates, stoned (pitted) and chopped
- 400g (14oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- A handful of cilantro,chopped
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chile, diced
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 200g (7oz / 3/4cup) Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the crunchy salad: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Make the dressing: heat the oil in a small frying pan (skillet) over a low heat. Add the chile and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the seeds. Cook for 1–2 minutes until fragrant. Put the yogurt in a clean bowl and stir in the chile, ginger and seed mixture. Season to taste. Gently toss the salad in the dressing.
- Dry-fry the halloumi in a non-stick frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes each side until golden brown and crispy on the outside and softened inside. Remove and drain on kitchen paper (paper towels).
- Warm the flatbreads on a griddle pan or in a low oven and spread them with the hummus. Top with the halloumi and crunchy salad, and dot with harissa. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article