We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Roast potatoes are one item of a Sunday dinner that can take hours to cook. There are many steps to achieving crispy, golden and delicious roasties, but not if you have an air fryer. Here’s how to make roast potatoes with one of the most popular kitchen appliances.
Some choose not to parboil their potatoes first, but for fluffy insides, it’s best to give them a little pre-cook.
Maris Piper is also said to be the best potato to turn into roasts, but you can use the potato of your choice.
1. Peel potatoes
2. Cut the potatoes into evenly-sized pieces, ensuring they’re not too big. Note, the bigger they are, the longer they will need to cook.
3. Place in a saucepan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil on the hob for about five minutes.
4. When a knife can be placed easily inside the potato, or when the edges are white and starting to fluff, drain them from the water.
5. Leave them on one side to steam for a couple of minutes before tossing in a little flour to coat them.
@beckyexcell AIR FRYER ROAST POTATOES ������ what do you think of mine? Be honest ������ #airfryer #airfryerrecipes #airfryertiktok #potato #potatotiktok ♬ original sound – Becky Excell
6. Meanwhile, pre-heat your air fryer.
7. Spray the basket with oil then spray the potatoes and add them into the basket. Ensure there is a single layer of potatoes and none are sitting on top of one another.
8. Return the basket to the machine.
9. Choose the air fry mode on the machine and set the temperature to 200 degrees Celcius. Set the timer to 25 minutes.
10. Halfway through, check the potatoes and give them a really good shake to ensure all sides are cooked evenly.
11. After 25 minutes, the potatoes should be “perfect” with “fluffy insides” and “crispy outsides”.
Some air fryer users suggest using the microwave to reduce cooking time.
One wrote on TikTok: “Microwave for 10 mins will half your time with the same results.”
As for whether the ‘air fryer’ or ‘roast’ function is better for roast potatoes, Carolyn asked: “How come you didn’t use the ‘roast’ function instead? Just bought one of these myself.”
Helen Westwood, who created a video of herself cooking roast potatoes in the air fryer explained.
Shop kitchen Specialbuys
£29.99 View Deal
Aldi’s new Ambiano Compact Air Fryer is perfect for making delicious, healthy meals and is under £30. Buy this bargain Specialbuy now!
This box contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more.
She said: “Airfry gives a crisper finish but it’s up to you. use roast if you prefer.
“I’m not entirely sure but the manual states Airfry mode gives a crisper crunchier coating while roast mode is used for tender meats / baking.”
Roast potatoes are not the only potato variation that can be created in an air fryer.
In just 45 minutes, you can bake a jacket potato.
It usually takes an hour, or an hour and a half to bake a jacket potato in the oven.
But if cooked correctly in the air fryer, it takes half the time and much less energy.
You can also cook a whole roast chicken in the airfryer – find out how here.
Source: Read Full Article