Active time: 40 min. Total time: 50 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 3 1/2 cups, 2 1/2 Tbsp. dressing)
Pair a foolproof way to cook salmon with a choose-your-own-adventure vegetable base and you’ve got our Sheet Pan Niçoise Salad. It’s easy enough to make on a weeknight, but visually stunning in a way that turns the everyday into something more exciting. Meanwhile, the dressing is perfectly balanced an adds a savory edge. If you can, we recommend getting salmon from a seafood market rather than a grocery store. Those who prefer well done salmon should head for the edges, while fans of medium-rare salmon can claim the center of the filet. If you don’t like a vegetable on the ingredient list, simply substitute something else or omit it altogether.
- 1 1/2 pounds multicolored baby new potatoes, halved (about 5 cups)
- 2large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 9 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 2bunches fresh Broccolini (about 13 oz. total), trimmed and halved
- 1(1 1/2-lb.) skin-on center-cut salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tender herbs (such as chives, dill, and basil)
- 1 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
- 1 pint multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1(5-oz.) container spring mix (about 8 packed cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 4soft-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F with oven racks in middle and lower third of oven. Toss together potatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; spread in an even layer. Roast on middle oven rack 15 minutes.
Remove baking sheet from oven. Scatter Broccolini around potatoes. Roast on middle rack until Broccolini is tender-crisp and charred in spots, about 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven.
While potato mixture bakes, place salmon in middle of a large piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over salmon, and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Fold foil over salmon, and crimp edges tightly to form a sealed packet. Transfer packet to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast on lower third oven rack until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 18 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, and carefully open packet. Flake salmon into large pieces.
Remove and discard garlic skins. Place garlic in a large bowl, and mash with a fork to a smooth paste. Add lemon juice, Dijon, honey, herbs, and remaining 6 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt; whisk until blended. Add roasted potato mixture, olives, tomatoes, and spring mix to Dijon mixture, and toss together until well coated. Divide roasted potato mixture evenly among 4 large bowls, and top evenly with feta, egg halves, and flaked salmon.
Source: Read Full Article