Prep time: 20 min. Total time:45 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
This simple vegetarian dish hits the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Serve this Thai-inspired sweet potato soup with a fresh salad for a light and lovely meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oi.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Garnishes: coconut, chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes, lime wedges (optional)
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook 4 minutes. Stir in the red curry paste, garlic, ginger, and Sriracha and sauté another two minutes. Add in the sweet potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and vegetable broth.
Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Turn off heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir in the coconut milk. Top with desired garnishes and serve.
Source: Read Full Article