"I recently roasted a chicken using a smoked paprika rub and decided to try it on a whole cauliflower. It was totally delicious! I recommend serving it as a vegan or vegetarian main with a big green salad."
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Trim large leaves off the cauliflower. Trim stalk so cauliflower can sit flat in a Dutch oven.
- Grind fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle. Mix in smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Whisk in olive oil to form a paste. Rub the paste all over the cauliflower. Drizzle lemon juice all over.
- Bake in the preheated oven, covered, until tender, about 30 minutes. Uncover and baste with any juices that have pooled at the base. Continue baking, uncovered, until top is browned and center feels completely tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 15 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- You can use this technique with all sorts of seasoning variations. Try it with your favorite spice blend (homemade or storebought).
Per Serving: 171 calories;14.2 g fat;12.4 g carbohydrates;3.6 g protein;0 mg cholesterol;1143 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article