"A perfect side dish for game birds. May be prepared ahead of time and microwaved just prior to serving."
- In heavy saucepan, soak wild rice in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain; rinse thoroughly.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, combine drained wild rice, brown rice, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, marjoram, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- If you’re not serving the rice immediately, transfer it to a 3-quart microwaveable bowl and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. To reheat: microwave, still covered, at full power until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring after every 4 minutes.
- Editor’s Note:
- To make this recipe gluten-free, be sure your chicken broth is gluten-free or substitute water. You may also use 1 cup white wine, 4 1/2 cups water.
Per Serving: 147 calories;0.9 g fat;30.1 g carbohydrates;4.9 g protein;2 mg cholesterol;550 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article