"These cookies are a pillowy mouthful of lemony almond goodness. One any Italian nonna would be proud of!"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in ricotta cheese, lemon juice, almond extract, lemon zest, and egg on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat slowly until a dough forms.
- Drop dough about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet using a cookie scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are very lightly golden but still soft, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely before icing, about 30 minutes.
- Stir powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl to make a smooth icing. Drizzle icing onto the cookies. Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
Per Serving: 80 calories;2.8 g fat;12.8 g carbohydrates;0.9 g protein;12 mg cholesterol;55 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article