"Juicy chicken is smothered in a rich mushroom sauce, which gets its depth of flavor from combining beef broth and sweet Madeira wine. Easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but elegant enough to serve for a dinner party!"
- Place chicken tenders between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer to flatten slightly.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture and set aside on a sheet pan until all pieces have been coated.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place half of the chicken in the pan and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a sheet pan. Heat the remaining butter and oil in the pan, and repeat with the remaining chicken pieces. Set chicken aside.
- Combine mushrooms and shallots in the same skillet and cook until the mushrooms release their juices, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in the same skillet and whisk in beef base until dissolved. Add Madeira wine, bring to a boil, and cook until mixture has reduced by about 1/3. Return mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to the skillet and let simmer.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl. Add to the skillet and boil until sauce thickens slightly, at least 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes more. Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Per Serving: 393 calories;14.5 g fat;16.4 g carbohydrates;32.9 g protein;95 mg cholesterol;348 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article