- 1 beef roast (or) 2 – 2.5 lbs stew meat
- 2 quarts Beef Stock (I use 365 Organic Beef Broth, gluten free)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggie (carrots, peas, green beans, etc)
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 splash Gluten free soy sauce or Liquid Aminos
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil, I used Grapeseed oil
Cut beef into bite size pieces. Heat pan to medium – medium/high heat and add oil. Toss in beef pieces, brown on all sides.
While meat is browning, peel and dice potatoes, onion, & celery. Add veggies to a crock pot.
Add stock, crushed tomatoes, & frozen veggies to crockpot.
Add browned meat to crock pot with the veggies.
Add a 1/2 cup of broth to the pan the roast was browned in. Use a spatula to scrape up the leftover beef bits from the pan. Pour into crock pot.
Add seasonings. Mix and cover. Set crock pot to High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
Source: Read Full Article