- 4 large bell peppers, washed, split long ways, cleaned
- 1-1 1/2 lbs boudin, casings removed
- 1/2 lb GROUND meat of choice,browned, seasoned and drained. Beef, pork, turkey, chicken, whatever you like, I used beef
- 1-1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb shredded smoked gouda
- Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders
Preheat oven to 400. Place split and cleaned peppers in a sprayed dish, I use cast iron. Spray the peppers well with olive oil spray and salt and pepper them. Place them in the oven until the filling is made and it’s time to fill.
Brown the ground beef. While that’s browning, In a bowl, crumble the boudin. Mix with the cooked rice and the drained cooked beef. Add about a half to 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce to this mixture. Mix well.
Pack all the filling into the peppers. Drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce over and around the peppers. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders over that. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins.
After 30 mins or so, pull from the oven and uncover. Add a pile of the shredded smoked Gouda to the top of each pepper. Return to oven to melt the cheese, maybe 10 minutes. Done and done.
Source: Read Full Article