- Prep 25 min
- Total25 min
Drizzled with syrup and dusted with powdered sugar, this easy Classic French Toast is the perfect recipe for a special weekend brunch with your family. All you need is a hungry appetite, seven ingredients (most of which you likely have on hand) and 25 minutes to make this tasty meal happen. Serve slices while they’re still warm, and watch them disappear fast!
tablespoons granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
loaf (1 lb) brioche or challah bread, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
- 2Heat nonstick griddle to 375°F or skillet over medium heat. Grease with vegetable oil, if necessary.
- 3Dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle each serving with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup, if desired.
- For a richer flavor, use whole milk.
- If you want to dry the bread slices before making French toast, place in single layer on baking rack. Let stand 2 hours or overnight to dry.
- Top French toast with fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or blackberries.
- The key to making great French toast lies in bringing the griddle or skillet to the right temperature. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (375°F) for about 10 minutes before cooking.
More About This Recipe
- Looking for more breakfast and brunch ideas? We’ve got all our favorites in one easy, convenient place for you to browse!
Source: Read Full Article