- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 onion, chopped into small dice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ⁄2 lb bay scallops (smaller ones)
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 3/8 cup half-and-half
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon fresh Basil
- Steamed rice or pasta
In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, and cook the onions and garlic just to soften for about 2 minutes; add the scallops and lightly cook on all sides for about 40 seconds then remove and set aside.
Add wine to skillet and let reduce 1 minute; stir in half and half and let that reduce so that it is a nice sauce consistency.
Return scallops and add green onions, stirring until heated through.
Serve scallops over rice, pouring sauce over all; garnish with Basil
Source: Read Full Article