- Prep 10 min
- Total1 hr5 min
One look at this Easy Blackberry Cobbler and we’re already drooling. The juicy berries, the tender cobbler topping, the scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top? It’s no wonder this dessert recipe has a five-star rating, and we couldn’t love it more if we tried.
cups frozen blackberries
tablespoon lemon juice
cup all-purpose flour
tablespoons butter, melted
Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. Place blackberries in dish; drizzle with lemon juice.
- 2In medium bowl, stir egg, sugar and flour until mixture looks like coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle melted butter over topping.
- 3Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
- For individual cobblers, grease 6 (8-oz) individual baking dishes (ramekins); divide blackberries and topping evenly among dishes. Place on foil-lined cookie sheet and bake as directed.
- Swap out the vanilla ice cream for whipped topping or whipped cream, if desired.
- Don’t overmix the flour mixture, or the cobbler will lose its tenderness once baked.
Source: Read Full Article