"Shrimp and smoked sausage play well together in this easy and flavorful take on pad Thai. Fresh cilantro and lime juice add just the perfect amount of bright flavors, while chopped peanuts provide a nice crunch. Serve with sriracha and lime wedges, if desired."
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse well with cold water to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the smoked sausage in a single layer. Cook on both sides until browned, about 6 minutes total. Remove to a plate.
- Add the vegetable oil to the skillet, then the shrimp, green onions, and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until shrimp is opaque.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Add the noodles and smoked sausage to the skillet, then the soy mixture. Stir well to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until noodles are hot. Mix in 1/2 of the cilantro and peanuts. Ladle pad Thai into serving bowls and top with remaining cilantro and peanuts.
Per Serving: 384 calories;18 g fat;42 g carbohydrates;12.3 g protein;59 mg cholesterol;856 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article