From “Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook”
by Stephanie O’Dea
Add crushed candy canes for holiday fudge.
– Keep your insert at least 2/3 full for optimum performance.
– You can still make all of the recipes in a 6-quart machine; insert an oven-safe dish such as CorningWare or Pyrex into the insert to create a smaller cooking vessel.
– 4-quart recipes will work fine in a 6-quart machine, but will cook faster. Reduce the cook time by at least a third and then check the food to ensure doneness. You can also increase the ingredients by 50% to fill the pot properly, and use stated cook times.
- 3 cups (about 20 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Spray the insert with cooking spray. Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Add the chocolate chips and condensed milk to the prepared insert, and then the butter and vanilla.
Cover and cook on High for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
When the chocolate has fully melted, pour it into the lined baking dish. Refrigerate overnight, then cut into squares for serving.
Source: Read Full Article