- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup gluten free biscuit mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup corn oil for frying
Combine sugar, the self-rising gluten free flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika, baking soda, gluten free biscuit mix, Italian dressing mix and onion soup mix in a 4-cup bowl. Mix to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
Blend the egg and water. Dip the chicken pieces in egg mixture and then into dry coating mix and repeat so each piece is double coated.
Pre-heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Brown pieces skin-side down for 4 to 6 minutes. Use medium high heat.
Turn and brown underside of pieces a few minutes. Transfer to an oiled or Pam-sprayed pan. Cover with foil, sealing it on only 3 sides of pan.
Bake at 350°F for about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil, then bake another 5 minutes until the coating is crispy.
Source: Read Full Article