- Total: 35 min
- Active: 35 min
- Yield:6 servings
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for indirect heat. (For a gas grill, turn one burner on each far side to medium heat and the middle burners to low; for a charcoal grill, bank the coals on one side of the grill.) A grill thermometer should read 325 to 350 degrees F.
- Tear off a long piece of foil and fold into thirds so it’s about the size of a baking sheet. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Push the hot dogs onto the skewers so the hot dogs are flush with the top. Use a sharp paring knife to cut a spiral (4 or 5 rings total) along the hot dog, cutting all the way down to the skewer. Gently pull the hot dog down to open up the spiral.
- Unwrap the crescent dough. Cut it crosswise into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a snake 8 to 9 inches long. Press one snake into the cut spaces in each spiral, wrapping it as you go and tucking in the ends.
- Set the foil on the indirect (low) heat part of the grill and add the hot dogs, leaving some space between each. Grill, covered, until the bottoms of the dogs are golden and top of the dough is set, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook until the bottom is browned again, 5 to 6 minutes more. Flip once more to an unbrowned side and grill until the dough is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Transfer the pigs in blankets to a platter and serve with ketchup and mustard.
Source: Read Full Article