- Total: 2 hr(includes cooling times)
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:24 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 1 baking sheet with foil and another with parchment.
- Toss the sausages with 1 tablespoon of the oil on the foil-lined baking sheet, and bake, flipping the sausages halfway through, until lightly browned and fully cooked, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Toss together the provolone and mozzarella in a medium bowl. Make a slit down the length of each sausage, cutting about halfway through, and fill each with 1 teaspoon pesto, 2 pepper strips and 1 scant tablespoon of the cheese mixture; reserve any remaining cheese mixture.
- Open the tube of dough, find the seam and carefully unroll the dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut 6 strips 1 1/4 inches by 12 inches. Wrap 1 strip around a stuffed sausage link, coiling the strip from 1 end of the link to the other, leaving a 1/4-inch space between dough turns and leaving the ends of the sausage slightly exposed. Repeat with the remaining dough strips and sausages, setting the finished rolls at least 1 inch apart on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the rolls with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle the tops with the reserved cheese mixture. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before cutting each roll into 4 pieces with a serrated knife. Serve warm with warm marinara sauce on the side.
Source: Read Full Article