- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scotch bonnet or habanero peppers
- 2 tablespoons stemmed fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1-1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (if making as a jerk sauce)
Put all ingredients except the soy sauce in a food processor or blender and purée. Add soy sauce and store in a glass jar and refrigerate.
For meat, marinade overnight. For seafood, marinade for about 1 hour.
To thicken into a sauce, mix the teaspoon of cornstarch with a little bit of water. Pour the blended mixture into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, then add the cornstarch/water mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken.
Source: Read Full Article