From “The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook” by America’s Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) beef cubed steaks
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine butter, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in bowl; set aside.
Lay each steak between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound until roughly ¼ inch thick. Spread flour in shallow dish. Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Working with 1 steak at a time, dredge steaks in flour.
Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Lay steaks in skillet and cook until well browned on first side, about 3 minutes. Flip steaks and cook until well browned on second side, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain steaks briefly on paper towel-lined plate. Serve steaks with seasoned butter.
Source: Read Full Article