Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
This simple shrimp and orzo salad is tossed with seasonal veggies and a bright, tangy dressing. Delicious at room temperature or chilled, it also makes a tasty lunch the next day if you have leftovers. You’ll need three cups of vegetables for this dish, but you can adjust the amounts of asparagus, sugar snap peas, and English peas.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen English peas (thawed if frozen)
- 12 ounces medium peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
How to Make It
Whisk together oil, zest, juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Prepare orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Transfer orzo to a bowl, and cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
While orzo cooks, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high. Add asparagus and sugar snap peas to boiling water. Cook until bright green and tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add English peas, and stir until softened, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to an ice bath, reserving boiling water in saucepan.
Add shrimp to boiling water. Cook until opaque, about 3 minutes, and then drain. Transfer shrimp to ice bath with vegetables. Let stand until chilled, about 3 minutes; drain.
Toss together shrimp-vegetable mixture with orzo; drizzle with dressing. Add chives, parsley, and tarragon, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Source: Read Full Article