- Prep 15 min
- Total30 min
A 30-second “bath” transforms crescents into pretzels, perfect for game-day snacking.
cup baking soda
can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
teaspoons sesame seed
teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 10 cups water and the baking soda to boiling over high heat.
- 3Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water with fork until well mixed. Set aside.
- 4Unroll dough onto work surface; separate into 8 triangles. Starting at shortest side of each triangle and stretching dough slightly, roll up loosely to opposite point. Bring ends of dough together; pinch lightly.
- 5Place rolls, 2 at a time, in boiling soda water; cook 30 seconds. With slotted spoon, remove from water; place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining rolls. Lightly brush tops with egg mixture; sprinkle each with sesame seed and pinch of salt.
- 6Using metal pancake turner, carefully transfer rolls to cookie sheet. If necessary, reshape rolls into pretzel shape.
- 7Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Pretzels get their delicious, dark brown crust from being poached in a high Ph solution, and in this case it’s the baking soda added to the water.
- For a new flavor twist, substitute shredded fresh Parmesan cheese for the salt.
Source: Read Full Article