- Prep 15 min
- Total1 hr5 min
Add some “ho ho ho” to your holiday mornings with these cute Santa cinnamon rolls. Made with Pillsbury™ Grands!™ cinnamon rolls and a smooth cream cheese icing, these sweet breakfast treats are as fun to eat as they are to decorate!
can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
cup powdered sugar
Red gel food color
small red gumdrops
cup miniature marshmallows
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Separate dough into 5 rolls. Place rolls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet; flatten rolls slightly with hands.
- 3Bake about 10 minutes or until light golden brown and firm enough to turn. With fork, turn over and bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place icing and cream cheese; beat with spoon until well blended. Stir in powdered sugar until mixed well. Transfer 1/4 cup of the icing mixture to small bowl; tint with red food color to desired color. Cover and refrigerate until ready to decorate.
- 5On flat side of each roll, spread about 1 tablespoon icing mixture over bottom half of roll to make base for beard.
- 6For hat, spread tinted icing mixture to cover unfrosted part on top half of each roll, leaving a space for the eyes. Attach candy eyeballs to unfrosted portion of cinnamon roll using a small amount of icing.
- 7Slightly flatten red gumdrop; place near top of frosted beard for nose. Press miniature marshmallows onto frosted beard, and add marshmallow on end of hat for pom pom. Decorate using photo as a guide. Serve remaining icing mixture with cinnamon rolls, or refrigerate for another use.
- Swap the marshmallows for white sparkling decorating sugar to give Santa’s beard a different look.
- Don’t have candy eyeballs? Use M&M’s® chocolate candies instead.
- Press down the cinnamon roll dough before baking to help keep the rolls flat in the oven. This also gives you more surface area to decorate!
- Cool cinnamon rolls completely before decorating—this prevents the icing mixture from sliding off the sides due to the heat from the rolls.
- Serve cinnamon rolls with the extra icing on the side.
More About This Recipe
- Need more holiday baking inspiration? We have thousands of very merry Christmas recipes to choose from!
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Source: Read Full Article