- (makes 2 pizzas)
- For large 20" pizza pan(s)
- 5 cups All-purpose Flower
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp Corn meal
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Toppings Ingredients (double ingredients if making 2 pizzas)
- 2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup diced Tomatoes from a can (well drained)
- Garlic Powder
- Minced Onion Sprinkles
- 1 cup chopped Black Olives
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups Mild Chedder Cheese
- 1 package Pepperonis
- 2 cups pre cooked sausage (chopped fine)
- 2 cups Mushrooms (chopped)
Pre cook sausage and set aside
Using a KitchenAid Mixer, add flower, salt, sugar, corn meal and dry yeast and mix dry on #2 setting for 1 minute.
Add Olive Oil and then slowly add warmed water to the dry ingredients and knead the dough on #2 setting for 5 minutes.
Remove dough and knead by hand an additional 3 minutes. Dough should be a dry rubbery consistency (add 1 Tbsp of flower during mixing if to wet or add 1 Tbsp water during mixing if to dry)
Break dough into 2 halves and roll into balls, then place in warm bowl to rise for 2 hours.
Over a thin layer of flower, use a roller pen to roll dough flat and round to fit your pan. Place rolled dough in a hot pan coated with a layer of olive oil and poke holes in the dough with a fork.
Sprinkle garlic powder and dry minced onion onto the pizza and add pizza sauce, sausage, olives, mushrooms. Sprinkle salt to taste then add cheese and Pepperonis.
Place in oven and bake at 500° for ten to twelve minutes or until crust edges turn golden brown. Then serve hot.
Source: Read Full Article