Here I am sharing Spicy squid roast or nadan koonthal roast recipe. It is a very popular dish in kerala. Squid roast is normally dry. However, you can also do this recipe in semi gravy form.
- 1 . Squid (koonthal) – 700 grams (cleaned and cut into pieces)
- 2 . Onion – 1 chopped
- 3 . Tomato – 1/2 chopped
- 4 . Ginger – garlic crushed – 1 tbspn
- 5 . Oil – 2 tbspn
- 6 . Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- 7 . Coriander powder – 1/2 tbspn
- 8 . Red chilli powder – 1 tbspn
- 9 . Garam masala – 1/2 tspn
- 10 . Pepper powder – 1/2 tspn
- 11 . Water – 1/2 cup
- 12 . Some curry leaves
- 13 . Greenchilli – 1
- 14 . Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan. Add crushed ginger – garlic, greenchilli, curry leaves and chopped onions. Saute till soft and golden brown colour.
Then add chopped tomatoes. Mix well and cook till soft.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Saute till raw smells disappear.
Add cleaned squid and water. Combine well. Cover and cook for 5 – 10 minutes on low flame.
Open the lid and cook till the water dries off.
Mix well and add garam Masala and pepper powder. Combine well for 5 minutes. Tasty squid roast is ready.
Source: Read Full Article