- Total: 1 hr 15 min(includes marinating time)
- Active: 35 min
- Yield:4 to 6 servings
Sweet and Spicy Marinade:
Peppers and Onions:
- For the sweet and spicy marinade: Put the olive oil, cilantro, honey, lime juice, thyme, garlic, jalapenos, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a food processor and pulse to puree. Transfer the mixture to a nonreactive container, add the flank steak and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours before cooking
- For the peppers and onions: Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until hot. Toss the peppers and onions in a bowl with the olive oil, lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pepper-onion mixture to the hot pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the edges are charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with oil.
- Grill the flank steak until marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Serve with the warm tortillas and toppings.
Source: Read Full Article