- 4 chicken tenderloins (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed or black beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- to taste Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 avocado halved, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice, parsley or cilantro.
In a medium pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and place chicken and season with salt and pepper and cook until juices run clear and are browned on both sides.
In a bowl add quinoa and and all the fixings. You can either shred your chicken or leave whole. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and parsley. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article