- Total: 1 hr 20 min(plus cooling time)
- Active: 1 hr 20 min
- Yield:2 loaves
Unsalted butter, for the pans
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan (see Cook’s Note)
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons fine salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
- Whisk together the sugar and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in the eggs and pumpkin until combined.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Add half the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine. Add half the water and stir to combine. Repeat with the remaining flour and water.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans. Bake until cake tester comes out clean and the loaves are golden brown, about 1 hour. Let the loaves cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pans and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)
Source: Read Full Article