- Total: 45 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large liquid measuring cup. Pour the tomatoes with green chiles into the sieve and press with a spatula to squeeze out all the liquid (about 1/2 cup). Put the tomatoes with green chiles into a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the reserved liquid, cashews, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, turmeric, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 cup water in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook, stirring occasionally, until the cashews are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-powered blender. Add the nutritional yeast, roasted red peppers, vinegar, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons of the reserved tomatoes with green chiles and 1 cup water. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Transfer the mixture back to the skillet. Heat gently over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and scoopable, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining tomatoes with green chiles, the jalapenos and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Source: Read Full Article