"This vegetarian Mexican casserole is sure to be loved by everyone at the dinner table. With just enough zing from the tomatillos, a little heat from the spices, and tasty crunch from the tortilla chips, we suspect there may not be any leftovers. Feel free to mix in a handful of chopped chicken or cooked ground beef for a little extra protein."
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add tomatillos and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in black beans, tomatoes, cumin, ancho powder, salt, and cook, smashing beans and tomatoes with a spoon, until warmed through, 5 minutes. Add brown and Spanish rice. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender and warmed through, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of rice mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chips. Repeat process with remaining rice mixture and chips. Top with cheese and bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Top with radishes and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- Calories 388; Fat 12g (18%); sat 3g (14%); Protein 12g; Carb 59g (20%); Fiber 7g (25%); Sugars 4g (added sugars 0g); Sodium 575mg (29%)
Source: Read Full Article