- Prep 15 min
- Total40 min
Pillsbury™ cornbread swirls, paired with garlic butter, savory bacon and spicy pepper Jack cheese, makes for a delicious swirled side bread.
tablespoons butter, melted
teaspoon garlic powder
can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cornbread swirls
slices (0.8 oz each) pepper Jack cheese (from 8-oz package)
slices cooked bacon
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Line 9-inch round cake pan with cooking parchment paper. In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic powder.
- 2Remove dough from can, and separate into 6 rounds. Unroll each round into dough strip (about 12 inches long); brush inside of each unrolled dough strip, using up half of the melted butter mixture.
- 3Cut each cheese slice into 4 strips. Top buttered side of dough strip with 4 cheese strips, overlapping slightly if necessary, and leaving 1/2 inch of one end uncovered to seal. Top cheese layer with 2 bacon slices.
- 4Starting with strip end opposite uncovered end, roll dough back tightly into swirled round, sealing end of dough; place in pan. Repeat for remaining dough, cheese and bacon. Brush tops of dough with remaining melted butter mixture.
- 5Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is baked through and golden brown.
- Line the pan with cooking parchment paper for easier cleanup. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the pan generously with cooking spray.
- Substitute sharp cheddar cheese for the pepper Jack cheese for a delicious flavor twist.
- Microwave-ready bacon is great to use since it’s quick and easy to cook. Regular cooked bacon can also be used in this recipe.
- If desired, top with thinly sliced green onion before serving.
Source: Read Full Article