"A delicious alternative to the original."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the tuna, bread crumbs, zucchini, green pepper, onion, green onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cottage cheese, sour cream, 2 eggs, lime juice, dried basil, pepper, and salt.
- Beat 2 eggs in a shallow bowl, and place the cornmeal on a plate.
- Scoop up about 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture, and gently form it into a compact patty. Dip both sides of each cake into beaten egg and then press into cornmeal, and place the cakes onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the cakes with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the cakes are beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Flip each cake, spray with cooking spray, and bake until the cakes are cooked through and lightly browned, about 20 more minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 251 calories;3.8 g fat;25.8 g carbohydrates;27.3 g protein;107 mg cholesterol;221 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article