"Mix together spinach, pepperoni, and cheese for delicious easy appetizer."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush both sides of each portobello mushroom cap with Italian dressing. Arrange mushroom on a baking sheet, gill sides up.
- Bake mushrooms in the preheated oven until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain any juice that has formed in the mushrooms.
- Beat egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Stir spinach, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs into the eggs until evenly mixed.
- Divide spinach mixture over mushroom caps; sprinkle mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon bread crumbs. Return mushrooms to the oven.
- Continue baking until topping is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook’s Note:
- For vegetarian version use chopped red pepper instead of the pepperoni.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 168 calories;10.7 g fat;7.5 g carbohydrates;11.3 g protein;70 mg cholesterol;591 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article