Everybody loves a decadent chocolate brownie, and while these of course can be purchased at the supermarket, it is much more fun to bake them at home.
Mary Berry’s ultimate chocolate brownies are a fabulous Sunday treat and they can be whipped up in just five simple steps. Involve young kids or grandkids for some family fun.
Taking just 45 minutes to make, this chocolate treat won’t leave you holed up in the kitchen for hours on end.
Mary Berry stated: “This is our favourite brownie; it has a wrinkled top and a gooey middle. Perfect for eating as it is or you could add a topping of your choice.”
This recipe makes 24 delectable squares so is perfect for hosting. Serve with tea, coffee or hot chocolate for ultimate comfort as we step into autumn.
READ MORE: Mary Berry’s ‘favourite’ dessert takes just 10 minutes to prepare – recipe
360g (12 1/2 oz) Bournville plain chocolate (2 x 180g packets), broken into pieces
225g (8oz) butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
225g (8oz) light muscovado sugar
Four eggs, beaten
75g (3oz) self-raising flour
One tsp vanilla extract
75g (3oz) chocolate chips
Prince Harry’s favourite dinner he cooks with Meghan Markle is ‘impressive'[INSIGHT]
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
Mary Berry’s ‘beautiful’ paneer and vegetable curry is so quick to prepare[RECIPE]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Grease and line a 30 x 23cm (12 x 9in) traybake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Grab a large heatproof bowl and add the chocolate and butter. Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Stir the chocolate and butter to combine.
3. Take off the heat and add the sugar and eggs. Mix together until smooth, then add the flour and vanilla. Mix again. Next, stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around 45 minutes. The brownies should be well-risen and set around the edges, plus a little soft in the centre.
5. Leave to cool in the tin. Slice into 24 squares and serve. These brownies are great on their own but also pair well with ice cream, whipped cream or strawberries.
Source: Read Full Article