The weekend is here which means it’s time to pursue your passions, spend time with friends and eat well.
Do all three with Jamie Oliver’s winter ginger, pear and almond cake. It serves 16 people, so is perfect if you’re hosting.
While this recipe is super impressive and will leave your loved ones in awe of your culinary skills, Jamie assured budding bakers it is “not too tricky”.
The star chef said: “This flourless upside-down cake, with a base of ginger-poached pears, is spicy, sweet and satisfying. And because this uses ground almonds instead of flour, it’s suitable for gluten-intolerant friends and family members.”
It may not be winter yet but this autumn is definitely a little chilly. Try this for the ultimate comfort eat.
READ MORE: Jamie Oliver shares top tip for poached eggs – ‘gorgeous’ every time
- 200 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- Four large free-range eggs
- 220 g ground almonds
- Caramelised ginger pears
- 300 g ginger
- One vanilla pod
- 550 g caster sugar
- Four pears
- 20 g butter
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
‘Scrumptious’ and ‘healthy’ pasta dish is perfect for menopause diet – recipe[RECIPE]
Sainsbury’s recalls unsafe food product as it can cause ‘serious complications'[LATEST]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
- Starting with the pears, peel and finely grate the ginger. Split the vanilla pod and remove the seeds, then add it all to a pan.
- Add 400g of the sugar and 700ml of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for a few minutes. This will develop the flavours.
- Use a spoon to gently lower the pears into the hot liquid and simmer for 10 minutes. The pears should be tender.
- Take the pears out of the liquid and set aside to cool.
- Line the base of a 25cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the remaining 150g sugar and 100ml of water in a pan and place over a high heat. Simmer for around 15 minutes until the mix turns dark golden brown.
- Stir in the butter until you get a caramel. Carefully pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Cut the cooled down pears into slices and arrange them in the warm caramel.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/gas four.
- Moving onto the cake, beat the butter and sugar with a whisk until it is smooth. Ideally, you should use an electric whisk.
- Add the four eggs one at a time. After each one, make sure you mix well. Add the almonds and mix to combine.
- Pour the cake mixture over the pears. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until it is firm to the touch.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin. Take it out carefully and flip upside down to serve.
Source: Read Full Article