Mary Berry details recipe for her chocolate mousse cake
There is nothing more comforting than chocolate, and it is very easy to treat yourself by making an easy chocolate mousse.
This rich dessert can be made in less than 20 minutes and serves six to eight people, yet only requires four essential ingredients in order to make this gooey chocolate treat.
Chocolate mousse is perfect to simply eat for yourself or to quickly make when having people around. Not only is it very simple but almost anyone can enjoy this creamy pudding.
Mary Berry has shared her “wicked” chocolate mousse recipe on her website, and has said it is the ultimate crowd-pleasing dessert.
She wrote: “Plain and simple chocolate mousse – no frills. A good pudding to serve if you have all ages coming for lunch.”
READ MORE: Mary Berry’s ‘delicious’ white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake recipe
225g plain chocolate
150ml double whipped cream
Three large eggs, separated
A knob of butter
One tablespoon of brandy (optional)
One tablespoon of icing sugar (optional)
Easy recipe to make a pumpkin spice latte at home – it tastes ‘amazing'[LATEST]
Mary Berry’s gingerbread cake is totally ‘moreish’ and ‘delicious'[REVEAL ]
Mary Berry’s lemon drizzle traybake recipe has ‘been a hit since the 1960s’[INSIGHT ]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place into a heat-proof bowl and melt the chocolate in a pot of boiling water. Make sure to keep the pot on a low heat in order to melt the chocolate slowly, and make sure it does not become too hot.
2. Once melted, let the chocolate cool to room temperature. Then, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place both in separate bowls.
3. Add the butter, egg yolks and brandy to your chocolate and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until a little stiff.
4. Add the whipped cream and egg white to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in all the decorations.
5. The chocolate mousse and can be placed in a glass bowl to serve. Dust with icing sugar to decorate if you would like.
Follow Daily Express US on Facebook and Twitter @ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article