Consumer advice and comparison website Which? revealed that the most affordable supermarket this year is Lidl.
Lidl “is the only retailer where shoppers can pick up all their barbecue food essentials for less than £30,” they explained.
Lidl GB chief commercial officer, Peter de Roos, commented: “At Lidl, we’re officially fired up for the summer season, and after being crowned cheapest supermarket for BBQ essentials, our customers will be too.
“This latest accolade fuels our passion for great food at best value prices, and it reinforces our unwavering commitment to delivering this time and again to our customers.”
Lidl’s BBQ summer range includes the “show-stopping Deluxe Aberdeen Beef Burgers – crowned the Best Budget Burger of 2023 by GHI” at just £2.99.
READ MORE: Asda to close more supermarkets across the UK this month
The Deluxe Pork Sausages are just £2.49, winner of Which? Best Value title, and the Deluxe Honey & Mustard Sausages, £2.49, won the BBC Good Food taste test.
Lidl’s Deluxe Hot Dog Buns cost £1.10, coming in at less than 19p per bun, and Lidl has GHI’s Best Budget Mayonnaise, Batts’ Real Mayonnaise, at just 95p.
Valley Spire Blended Cheese Slices (£1.99), available in Hot & Spicy Cheddar and Black Pepper, have also been given the GHI stamp of approval.
Iceland set to close more stores in July – full list of affected locations[ICELAND]
Argos and Habitat set to close more stores across the UK this month[ARGOS]
Princess Kate’s kiss-blowing at Wimbledon was aimed at someone ‘close’, claims[BODY LANGUAGE]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Customers can buy Lidl’s full BBQ range, including its “show-stopping award winners”, in all UK stores this month while stocks last.
The Good Housekeeping Institute (GHI) taste-tests thousands of food and drink products and shares experts’ verdicts on seasonal products like Lidl’s BBQ range.
BBC Food also tests the best buys from “supermarkets, independent producers and food subscription services with our blind taste tests and expert reviews”.
Lidl’s award winner products this summer
- Deluxe Hot Dog Buns, £1.39 – GHI Taste Test Approved
- Valley Spire Blended Cheese Slices (Cheddar & Black Pepper and Hot & Spicy Cheddar), £1.59 – GHI Taste Test Approved
- Deluxe Brioche Burger Buns, £1.10 – GHI Taste Test Approved
- Vemondo Vegan Sausages, £1.79 – GHI Best Budget Vegan Sausage
- Batts Real Mayonnaise, £0.95 – GHI Best Budget Mayonnaise & Which? Great Value
- Deluxe Red Pepper Houmous with Harissa, £1.29 – GHI Taste Test Approved
- Milbona Macchiato Drink Latte Macchiato, £0.65 – GHI Taste Test Approved
- Deluxe Honey & Mustard Sausages, £2.49 – BBC Good Food Joint Winner
- Chef Select Spinach and Feta parcels, £1.89 – BBC Good Food Runner up
- Deluxe Pork Sausages, £2.49 – Which? Best Value
- Deluxe Aberdeen Angus Beef Burgers, £2.99 – GHI Best Budget Beef Burger
Source: Read Full Article